Saturday 15 May 2010

The Thin Blue Line Is A Metaphor For You

Poem based on 'Wonders of the Solar System: The Thin Blue Line (Ep. 3)
Thanks to cast / crew for the inspiration behind this (and for Coxy for flying up there for my eyes to meet the images)


The Thin Blue Line Is A Metaphor For You

You are like The Thin Blue Line,
like a blanket soothing me,
trapping the air I need to breathe,
flying high to the edge to see,
The Thin Blue Line

The astonishing Thin Blue Line,
a flimsy envelope of gas,
like crisps to a chicken madras,
a paradoxial entrance,
The Thin Blue Line

Your Thin Blue Line
avoids my skin from change,
protects me against radiate,
brings my eyes to grace,
The Thin Blue Line

This Thin Blue Line,
does not belong here,
like you, often disappears
is unafraid of fear,
This Thin Blue Line

The Thin Blue
only shows the truth,
inbetween the selected two,
This Thin Blue Line often reflects you
The Thin Blue Line is a metaphor for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment